Want to join a gym but don’t know where to start? Look no further, as our list of the best gyms in Malta will help you choose the best gym to suit your needs.
Signing up for a gym membership is definitely an investment in one’s own health. Thus, choosing the right gym from the numerous gyms found in Malta, can be tricky. With this list, we want to help make your life easier by giving you some information with regards to some of the best gyms in Malta.
5 of the Best Gyms in Malta
1. Cynergi Health and Fitness
Location: St Julian’s
Recently refurbished and probably one of the largest gyms in Malta, boasting a space of over 2500sqm, Cynergi offers a wide variety of amenities including 50 strength machines as well as a resistance, free weights and stretching area whilst offering the widest variety of group exercise classes in Malta which include classes such as pilates, yoga, boxfit, and lifecycle (spin class), amongst others.
Membership to this gym also gives you access to:
- Indoor pool, Sauna and Hammam Turkish Bath
- Free Personalised Fitness Programmes; updated on a regular basis. An instructor will keep in touch with you during the first 12 weeks of your membership to help you get comfortable with your new fitness regime
- WSF Approved Squash Courts
- 3 hours free parking
- Kids’ Club Crèche with a fully qualified team taking care of your children and entertaining them with various activities whilst you’re working out at the gym
- Internationally qualified fitness professionals to lend a hand and give you advice to reach your full potential
- Discount at various outlets including Holland & Barrett, Carisma Spa and Urban Jungle
2. Sky Spirit Fitness Lounge
Location: Luqa, Malta International Airport
Opened its doors in 2013, Sky Spirit Fitness Lounge is a state of the art fitness centre located at Sky Parks Business Centre situated within the Malta International Airport. This fitness lounge offers quite a large range of facilities and programmes including:
- Personal Training
- Weight Loss Management Programmes; tailor made for each individual
- Back Pain Management Programmes; conducted by a professional masseuse, the programme starts with a postural assessment, after which a programme is custom-made for you to tackle your problems and needs. Sessions also include a 30 minute deep tissue massage.
- Sport Therapy & Sports Massage
- Sports Performance Program to help athletes maximise their physical performance through performance training, nutrition and physical therapy
Members of the Sky Spirit Fitness Lounge also have access to all scheduled classes which include HIIT, Power Yoga, Power Pilates and Interval Training, amongst others. When visiting the gym, members also benefit from two hours of free parking. Memberships range from Single and Couples to Corporate Discounts, divided into a day pass/one class, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months and 12 month memberships.
3. LivingWell Health Club
Location: Hilton, St Julians
If you want something on the more luxurious side, then you must consider LivingWell Health Club which is situated within the 5 star Hilton Hotel in St Julians.
As one would expect with a 5 star hotel, apart from using the gymnasium, the club offers its members quite a number of exclusive facilities including:
- Indoor Pool & Plunge Pool
- Sauna & Steam Room
- Tennis & Squash Courts
- Functional Training Room
- Group Exercise Classes
- Crèche for children from 6 months up to 6 years (during use of the gym)
- 2 hours free parking per visit
- Discounts at various outlets
Perhaps, as one can determine from the list of facilities listed above, this gym is more on the up-market side, however, such a membership would definitely be worth the money considering the variety of facilities offered.
4. 24/7 Fitness Club
Considering the fact that it has been open for the past 15 years, 24/7 Fitness Club is probably one of the most well-known gyms in Malta. As you might have noticed, we did not put down a location for it due to the fact that there are 5 locations available for you to choose from: Ta’ Qali, Mellieha, San Gwann, St Paul’s Bay and Santa Lucia. Memberships are divided into Gold Single and Gold Couple, for a monthly, quarterly, half yearly or yearly fee. One can also find the Bronze Single and Bronze Couple Memberships which can only be used at Santa Lucia Club (if you’re applying for a Gold Single Membership, we recommend applying online for a 5% discount on the membership fee). Included when signing up for a membership at 24/7 Fitness Club one would get the following:
- Access to all 5 fitness clubs
- Open Monday to Sunday
- Free access to scheduled classes (such as HIIT, Circuit Training and Step & Tone, amongst others)
5. Fort Fitness
One of the latest gyms to open its doors, Fort Fitness offers an extensive range of the latest gym equipment currently on the market in a spacious setting. It also offers classes by qualified trainers who will help you reach your goals. The gym is also equipped with rubberized floors, a 3 lane indoor running track, and a boxing academy for both adults and children.
An in house shop is also available for members to purchase all the necessary nutrients and supplements to complement your fitness routine and lifestyle.
What makes this fitness centre different from others is that it also has a physiotherapy clinic, a beauty clinic, and a barber shop on site so you can get pampered right after a workout session.
All 5 clubs are similar yet different. All clubs vary in size, with the largest being the Ta Qali Club at 1100sqm, whilst Santa Lucia’s being the smallest at 200sqm. One finds various cardiovascular and strength training machines and a fully equipped functioning training area. Also, not included in the membership fee, the Ta Qali Club offers access to saunas on specific days whilst also offering the services of personal trainers and nutritionists on site. Overall, this gym offers state of the art facilities at affordable rates.
Investing in a gym membership has a lot of benefits, especially health-wise, however, if you’re a foreigner, the gym is also an ideal setting to meet new people and integrate within the local community. Beginner to advanced, as you can see from this brief guide to the best gyms in Malta, you will definitely find something to suit your needs.